For Megan....

I rarely write anything terribly serious in my blogs as to be honest they are usually just something I use for a little bit of light heated escapism but this time I need to make an exception.

Megan Malone is just three years old. She is beautiful, bright and fun-loving. Very recently Megan was diagnosed with a very rare type of cancer after just one week of being ill. She has multiple brain tumours and the cancer has spread to her spine. The survival rate in Ireland for this sort of cancer in Ireland is just 20%. Megan will need to travel to America in the next few weeks if she is to have any hope of recovery.

Megan's Dad John was one of my neighbours growing up in Ennis and I am very lucky to consider his sister Aine one of my best friends. The entire Malone family are just nicest people you could ever hope to meet and for life to deal them such a harsh blow is just unthinkable and so unfair.

I have two small children myself and the thought of either of my children suffering like this is unbearable and I'm sure that any parent reading this can imagine the horror that this entire family are facing right now.

I know Christmas is coming and we are in a recession but I am asking anyone at all who is reading this to try and stretch that little bit to just a small donation to help Megan and her family travel to America and give her a chance at life. You can access all of the details that you need to make a donation on www.meganmalonetrust.org. Any help that you can give would be so gratefully received.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our journey to autism

Lost? Yes I am!

Noble call........